Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unistalling Ghost Recon

• Please log in to reply

simay

simay

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i installed ghost recon, but i had to uninstall it. i did the add/remove and all that. now, when i try to install it through either the autorun menu or the setup file on the cd, the game setup goes to the installshield wizard, which tries to UNinstall it. i made sure that the ghost recon directory was removed, but still no joy.

if i go through with the uninstall, the autorun menu now shows the options to: uninstall, play, etc...
however, if i click cancel in that uninstall, then the cd autorun menu come up with: install, play (grayed out), etc...

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

i installed ghost recon, but i had to uninstall it. i did the add/remove and all that. now, when i try to install it through either the autorun menu or the setup file on the cd, the game setup goes to the installshield wizard, which tries to UNinstall it. i made sure that the ghost recon directory was removed, but still no joy.

if i go through with the uninstall, the autorun menu now shows the options to: uninstall, play, etc...
however, if i click cancel in that uninstall, then the cd autorun menu come up with: install, play (grayed out), etc...

Something happend there and you still have a part of the game file in your system registry. I dont recommend going in there unless you know how to find the game and delete any registries for that game. You can easily mess something up so I wouldnt try it.

The other thing to try is to do a system restore..

Goto accessories, system tools, then system restore...

Go back in time before you ever installed the game like a few days or a week or 2 before you ever installed the game. Try that and see if it works..

If you happen to have Norton antivirus make shure you disable it in the taskbar before you run a system restore, it blocks you from going back in time sometimes..