Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer (Canon i950) won't print black ink

• Please log in to reply

icerider

icerider

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
I have a Canon i950 Bubblejet printer that doesn't print print black ink. It can print the rest of the colours, but won't print black. I've checked the ink cartridge and there is black ink in it. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Is there anything blocking the (excuse my high technical terms) hole that the lnk comes out of at the bottom?

icerider

icerider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
nope, its all black. i tested it by pressing it to a paper lightly and the ink comes out.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok. Do you see that bronze colored "foil looking covering" just over where the cartridge goes? Is there anything blocking it? How about on the cartridge? Did you take the security tape off before use?

icerider

icerider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
strange...it prints black now, but its got a few white lines across it, and it fades as it prints more.

Kat232

Kat232

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
My Canon i560 is doing the exact same thing... I checked my ink as well (the software shows the ink levels and I manually took the cartridge out to make sure there was plenty, and even running a deep head cleaning didn't work. Once in a while, especially when running it on high quality, the black would print but only for a short time, after which it would be full of white lines and then not print at all.

Haven't gotten any useful help on my thread. If you get any good assistance from someone who doesn't just think we were silly enough to forget the security tape or whatnot, maybe it will help my problem as well! :whistling:

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
dude, If we get one more of those same problem, then the black ink or the i950 would be recalled.

icerider

icerider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

My Canon i560 is doing the exact same thing... I checked my ink as well (the software shows the ink levels and I manually took the cartridge out to make sure there was plenty, and even running a deep head cleaning didn't work. Once in a while, especially when running it on high quality, the black would print but only for a short time, after which it would be full of white lines and then not print at all.

Haven't gotten any useful help on my thread. If you get any good assistance from someone who doesn't just think we were silly enough to forget the security tape or whatnot, maybe it will help my problem as well! :whistling:

lol, good to know im not alone in this.

Kat232

Kat232

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
There's another thread by pamelya or some similar username.. she also had trouble last year with her i950. Mine is the cheaper i560, but both models are of the I-series. I've gone to Canon's website and followed the troubleshooting instructions for this problem, but nothing works. The company says the print head might be damaged if deep cleaning it several times doesn't work (and of course, only deep clean the black cartridge so you don't waste the functioning color cartridges).

Good thing I bought a new multifunction printer/fax/scanner/meat slicer/whatever else. Got good ratings among users as far as I've seen.