Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msn messenger and related microsoft webpages problem

• Please log in to reply

toast&katt

toast&katt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My problem is this I can not sign into msn live messenger or an older version of msn (MSN 7.0 is the one i tried). For Live messenger the error codes I get are 8100030d and 80072745. I have run 3 different spywear programs (Spy Sweep, ewido and Lava soft Ad-wear), I have also tried uninstaling and reinstaling MSN too. The thing that make this even more strange too, is when I try to go to any msn, hotmail or microsoft webpages they will not load, but any other webpage i visit works fine. For example; google, amazon.ca and weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca were just some of the pages I tried and can load fine. I use foxfire as my internet browser.

If anyone can help me out that would be really really nice.

Advertisements

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
This error 80072745 is sometimes caused by the cache left on Internet Explorer. If your internet's working fine, then follow these steps. Otherwise, skip the bullet-points and read below.
Close MSN Messenger
Open Internet Explorer. Set it to work offline (File -> Work Offline)
Close Internet Explorer and reopen it. Now set it to work online (File -> Work Offline [Untick]).
Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and hit enter)
Type "ipconfig /flushdns". You should recieve a message that your DNS has been successfully flushed.
You should now be able to connect to MSN Messenger. Open MSN and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, stop reading!
If the problem is not yet fixed, it's likely you've got a problem with your internet connection as the error actually says. To do this, you may want to:

Reboot your router or modem (if it's a USB modem, try unplugging and plugging it back in).
Rebooting your computer
Rebooting your computer, router and modem will fix it for certain, however this takes time. You may want to try the Internet Explorer trick first.

toast&katt

toast&katt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried the internet explore trick, and nope it didn't work. As for the information involving the router..umm well that a bit of a problem as I have no access to the router what so ever. I am actually away from home right now. I am on an exchange right now and the place I am staying at does not allow me to have internet, only at the school I am studying at. I am some how very lucky and can access internet through my computers wireless appilites. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the wireless conection and restarting my computer, and still no changes.

Edited by toast&katt, 05 September 2006 - 07:26 AM.