Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble removing spyware and virus [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Totally a newbie...... and first time contracted virus and spyware, and first day member :whistling:

thx in advance

Anyways, totay i was downloading some files online and in the process my computer got contracted with spyware and virus.

the symptoms are
(1) random pop ups (mostly [bleep])
(2) computer system warning me that i contracted a virus and spyware, and when i click the icon it would lead me to websites like: http://www.thespyguard.com/?aff=103, http://www.virusburst.com/?aff=334, that claim that they got what it takes to get ride of the virus and the spyware. (none of which i used)
(3) a warning message that claims that my computer's internet connection is slower due to virus and spyware attack.
(4) maybe another message that said something about my computer contracted cyberlog-x. Not exactly sure but pretty certain.

My thoughts on the computer warnings are very cgypitical, as they seem to lead to websites that want to sell me stuff.

I tried scanning my computer files First with Norton (nothing was found) and then with spybot(several spywares were found and deleted), then the Cleaner ( several spyware unfound before were detected and deleted accoundingly), lastly i used AVG Free Edition.

With AVG I was having some trouble with. After scanning the files on my computer three horizontal catogories appeared in this order: Object, Result, Status. On some of the files the result says "Ok" while on other files it simply leaves the result section blank (which totally puzzles me, as i don't know what to do with the files. I tried right click and then ->disply item details, but nothing appeared). So what does the blank space mean and what can i do about files with this description?

any idea on what i should do about my computer crisis?

how can i prevent virus and spyware in the future?

thx

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hello uhbthm1,
Welcome to Geeks To Go! I'm Sarahw and I'll be helping you.
I need you to post a hijack this log.
Please go Here and download the newest version 1.99.1. Please be sure to save it to a permanent directory, such as C:\Prgram Files\HJT.

You will need to be logged on as an Administrator to complete the fix. Please read the fix in it's entirity then complete the instructions. If you don't understand anything don't be afraid to ask. :whistling:

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thx for responding to my post. anyways, here is my log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:44:48 PM, on 9/9/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\IBMTOOLS\UTILS\ibmprc.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\William\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter] "C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\ctlcntr.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TP4EX] tp4ex.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IBMPRC] C:\IBMTOOLS\UTILS\ibmprc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRMGRTR] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrMgrBkGndMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BLOG] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL,StartBattLog
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: QQ.lnk = C:\Program Files\QQ\Africa2003\QQ.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: psfus - C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\psfus.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: QConGina - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QConGina.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tphotkey - tphklock.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: died - {7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gtpbx.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: IBM Rapid Restore Ultra Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PSA Access Driver Control (PsaSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsaSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: QCONSVC - IBM Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: IBM HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - IBM Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Protector Suite Virtual Token (vtserver) - UPEK Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

Oh yeh, here is my ewido report also

ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 6:05:58 PM 9/9/2006

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Explorer Security Plugin 2006 -> Adware.IntCodec : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Add-On -> Adware.IntCodec : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Public Messenger ver 2.03 -> Adware.IntCodec : No action taken.
C:\Program Files\VirusBurst -> Adware.VirusBurst : No action taken.
C:\Program Files\VirusBurst\VirusBurst.exe -> Adware.VirusBurst : No action taken.
C:\Program Files\VirusBurst\ignored.lst -> Adware.VirusBurst : No action taken.
C:\Program Files\VirusBurst\vb.ini -> Adware.VirusBurst : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5D527826-05BD-4A83-8416-28ACDDA14001}\RP22\A0007988.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.yt : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5D527826-05BD-4A83-8416-28ACDDA14001}\RP22\A0008048.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.yt : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5D527826-05BD-4A83-8416-28ACDDA14001}\RP22\A0008057.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.yt : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5D527826-05BD-4A83-8416-28ACDDA14001}\RP22\A0008085.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.yt : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5D527826-05BD-4A83-8416-28ACDDA14001}\RP22\A0008109.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.yt : No action taken.
:mozilla.18:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : No action taken.
:mozilla.22:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitslink : No action taken.
:mozilla.23:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitslink : No action taken.
:mozilla.24:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitslink : No action taken.
:mozilla.25:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitslink : No action taken.
:mozilla.27:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.

::Report end

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi uhbthm1,

More than one antivirus is not needed and is infact counter-productive. They may interfere with each other, and fight for valuable resources. I recommend you delete AVG if you have a paid subscription of Norton/Symantec Antivirus.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlog...processutil.htm

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
SmitFraudFix v2.85

Scan done at 16:46:24.10, Sun 09/10/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\William\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
Fix ran in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

C:\Program Files\PCODEC\ FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f}"="died"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\WINDOWS\system32\gtpbx.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f}\InProcServer32]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

Thanks for your help sarawh

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi uhbthm1,

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

Open Ewido,
  • On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
  • Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the
  • "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
    Under "Reports"
  • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
  • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
    [color=red]Close Ewido and Reboot.[color=red]
  • Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
    IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
  • Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
  • Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
  • ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
    Once the scan is complete do the following:
  • If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
  • Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
  • Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
  • Close ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the ewido report scan.
Post the smitfraudfix log, a fresh Hijack This Log and the Ewido Log.

Edited by sarahw, 10 September 2006 - 08:52 AM.

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
SmitFraudFix v2.85

Scan done at 10:27:50.93, Mon 09/11/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\William\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
Fix ran in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f}"="died"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f}\InProcServer32]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{7fa55359-7223-410f-bc82-efb3e3ded07f}\InProcServer32]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

C:\Program Files\PCODEC\ Deleted

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 12:57:26 PM 9/11/2006

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.63:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.64:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.33:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
:mozilla.103:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstbeacon : Cleaned.
:mozilla.101:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.102:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.105:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.86:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned.
:mozilla.46:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.90:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned.
:mozilla.91:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned.
:mozilla.92:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned.
:mozilla.35:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.41:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.70:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned.
:mozilla.88:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned.
:mozilla.27:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned.
:mozilla.28:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned.
:mozilla.72:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.73:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.74:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.89:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.100:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafic : Cleaned.
:mozilla.44:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
:mozilla.45:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
:mozilla.47:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
:mozilla.66:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrendslive : Cleaned.
:mozilla.106:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
:mozilla.107:C:\Documents and Settings\William\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\68qjr54t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.

::Report end

Scan saved at 1:08:44 PM, on 9/11/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter] "C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\ctlcntr.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRMGRTR] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrMgrBkGndMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BLOG] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL,StartBattLog
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: QQ.lnk = C:\Program Files\QQ\Africa2003\QQ.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: psfus - C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\psfus.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: IBM Rapid Restore Ultra Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PSA Access Driver Control (PsaSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsaSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: IBM HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - IBM Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Protector Suite Virtual Token (vtserver) - UPEK Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

thank you again.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi uhbthm1,
Do you recognise this file or program:

C:\Program Files\QQ\Africa2003\QQ.exe

If you don't, can you try uninstall it by clicking >>Start >>Control Panel >>Add/Remove Programs, then select the program and uninstall/remove it.

Post back with a fresh hijack this log and results.

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sarahw,
Actually I do reconize the program located at C:\Program Files\QQ\Africa2003\QQ.exe. It is a instant messaging system. But since I rarely use it, I deleted it anyways.

Here is my hijack this log

Scan saved at 2:51:08 PM, on 9/11/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

thx for the help

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi uhbthm1,
Are you recieving any more problems? How is your system running now?

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
my system seems to be running fine, no more random pop ups and criticle errors. But how can I be abosolutely certain that the system is working fine?

By the way what was all the tracking cookies that were found on my ewido report conducted at 12:57:26pm 9/11/2006

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi uhbthm1,

Cookies are used for authenticating, tracking, and maintaining specific information about users, such as site preferences and the contents of their electronic shopping carts.
they are neither spyware nor viruses, despite the detection of cookies from certain sites by many anti-spyware products.
Most modern browsers allow users to decide whether to accept cookies, but rejection makes some websites unusable. For example, shopping baskets implemented using cookies do not work if cookies are rejected. You need cookies to access web based mail, or remember your user name and password when you enter Geekstogo.

Your Ewido and Hijack This log tells me that your computer is clean.
If you want to make sure everything is gone we can try a few more tools.

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the ActiveScan report in your next reply. :whistling:

uhbthm1

uhbthm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi sarahw, thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated. On a second thought i am not going to do the scan anymore, because at this stage we are pretty sure my computer is disease free. Again you have been very helpful and i give you my award for "THE best helper ever". thx

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi uhbthm1,
Thanks for the compliment.

To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein.

The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
  • Spybot Search & Destroy - Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
  • AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
  • SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
  • SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
  • IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
  • CleanUP! - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
  • Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  • Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
  • Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
SarahW :whistling:

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.