Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help

• Please log in to reply

MistaMoeGod

MistaMoeGod

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am not sure why this problem continue's.....when I attempt to log into ALMOST any site, after I click accept, or sign in...the next page is immediately an error message and will not allow me to log in. I am running XP as well.

Please help

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Edited by MistaMoeGod, 06 September 2006 - 07:02 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go start..click run... type in prefetch click ok
click edit select all..on any blue file ..right click..then..delete

then go start ...all programs...accesseries..click system tools then disc clean up

click all boxes and run clean upclick ok then restart your computer

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
as for internet options..... click tools at top of your page...... then click on internet options...click connections tab then check to see if your setting are never dial a connection...click on lan check to see if its automatically detect settings click ok when closing

then go to start control panel then system ....hardware.... ...device manager....check if any yellow mark

beside modems...or network adapters if so ..right click then click update

aero05

aero05

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
do you have a internet connection............
is the internet cable connected properly, or are you able to surf the net at all??

MistaMoeGod

MistaMoeGod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can search any other site fine, a site requiring me to sign in is where the problem occurs, oddly I can sign into this forum without any error. I will follow the steps above this evening and post the results.

Thanks guys

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Also, click tools, internet options, delete cookies, delete files including offline content, delete history, confirm

Click advanced, tick do not save encrypted pages to disc, tick empty the temporary internet files folder when the browser is closed, click apply, close the browser

Run disc clean up