Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I map WMP tp play the correct midi channel

• Please log in to reply

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I can't seem to map Windows media player to play the correct midi channel ie ch10 for drums. I want to preview a collection of midi programs ie drum bass etc and I can't see with Windows XP home the mapping. :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is no "mapping" as such, its down to the individual implementations on your sound card, which can vary wildly from card to card.

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

There is no "mapping" as such, its down to the individual implementations on your sound card, which can vary wildly from card to card.

From control panel-sounds and audio device properties-midi playback, I can select the midi device I wish to use. I have three external midi sound modules and they all play a drum track as a piano because the drum track is on channel 10 by default. Now I want to be able to change the track that WMP uses. Any ideas it's got to be in XP some where. The sound modules all play as expected when used with Cubase SX, FL studio etc.