Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build Crashing .. YAY

• Please log in to reply

Glor

Glor

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well there's not much to describe .. asus mb athlon processor .. the computer will go through the bios checks just fine and will even load the "asus support cd" that came with it .. but when i put the XP cd in to install windows it boots up until it begins to read the cd and restarts .. then does the same thing .. over .. and over .. no error messages so im kind of in the dark .. any thoughts?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I had that problem with a biostar nforce2 Mb. I looked in the bios and could find nothing wrong( like a cdrom drive not recoginized). Later i realized that i needed to load the motherboard utilities off the cd that came with the motherboard for the computer to see and read the cdrom drive. I ended up adding a floppy drive to the computer and downloading the exe file from mocrosoft to make the 6 floppy disk "boot" set. With the floppys i got XP to install. As an aside i had to make 2 sets of floppys from the microsoft exe file. The first set had a bad #3 floppy and errored on it. The second set of disks worked just fine.

SRX660

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Possibly the media that the XP is on is bad. You may need to load the OS then the support. Try entering the BIOS setup and setting it to default then load the OS. After that add the Mainboard drivers and tweak the BIOS to your liking.