Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INTERNET EXPLORER PROPERTIES MISSING

• Please log in to reply

blynne

blynne

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My friend is unable to connect to the internet. She is running Windows 98 and had downloaded Internet Explorer 6 and had also done a windows update. Her system worked great for 3-4 days then when they would try to open the internet explorer, it would just say the page wasn't available. They are running the internet through the cable company and they verified that the moduem was working and that the service was still active. They right clicked on Internet Explorer and the only properties listed were "general" and "security" all the other tabs were gone. Since they cannot connect to the internet and they have not been able to locate the start up disc for the computer, what can they do to fix this problem. They really need your help. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

blynne

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
how to repaire IE6: http://www.geekstogo...er-60-t251.html

see if that helps

blynne

blynne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried the above link, but I couldn't find anything, but I did find out that if you go to the control panel and right click on "internet options" you are able to put a short cut on your desk top and this enables the internet explorer to function properly. Thank you for your assistane on this, and maybe someone else can you this information.