Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A clocked processor?

• Please log in to reply

Kooldood

Kooldood

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, I bought a new dell computer not long ago. The processor was a Celeron 3GHz. I checked my system properties the other day and noticed that my processor is only 2.66GHz now. I have talked to a few people about it, and they mentioned something about it being clocked and say that it happens with Celerons. I'm not sure what this means and I have no idea how to fix it.

Is there anyway of fixing this??

Edited by Kooldood, 08 September 2006 - 11:32 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The system is probably set up in such a way that the actual clock speed slows down when its not doing anything that needs all that power. Therefore if you was to fire a (intensive-ish) game up, the speed would ramp up to 3Ghz again until you shut the game down.