Totally agree with fleamailman BUT...there is nothing wrong with going to google.com and typing in "lost XP password" and see what pops up...as I just did...
I found a good article to start with at: http://www.petri.co....or_password.htm
The author makes it clear, that if you are hope to find hacking tools there, that you came to the wrong place.
"If you are looking for password cracking tools that can be used for miscellaneous objectives ... this page is NOT for you."
1. trying hard to remember the forgotten password, or a password of another user which has the same level of administrative rights
2. Another method is by trying to restore a backed up System State (in Windows 2000/XP/2003) or a ERD (in NT 4.0) in which you do remember the password.
3. A third method might be to install a parallel operating system on a different partition on the same computer, then use a simple trick to gain access to the old system. http://www.petri.co....logon_trick.htm
4. The fourth option is by using 3rd party tools that will enable you to reset the lost password and logon with a blank password.
5. visit petri.com's password forum: http://www.petri.co....isplay.php?f=27
Let us know how it all turned out; what steps you took to solve the problem, if successful