Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Works

• Please log in to reply

KLN

KLN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just gotten a new HP Pavillion Computer with Works 8.0. When I go into word processing, it will let me start a new document, but I get a message that the Wizard Templates are not installed - uninstall and > reinstall. I get the same message when I try to spell check. I have unistalled and reinstalled and it did not solve my problem.

I also have documents from an older computer that I transferred to the new computer. These were created in Works with Windows 98 and Windows 2000 (maybe Works 7.0?). Anyway - those documents are fine. I can spell check in those and I can open a blank document through an old document and the
spell check will work - not sure about Wizard. I have talked to HP, and we uninstalled and reinstalled the files and then they said it was a Microsoft Issue. I have talked to Microsoft who said it would cost me $35 to do anything on the phone and that it was probably a HP issue b/c it is a OEM product.
>
> Any ideas?

Advertisements