Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i host warcraft 3?

• Please log in to reply

hamman01

hamman01

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i dont know what to do i have a microsoft router its a mn 700. will some one help me please i treid a week by my self and got nowhere i no to open port 6112 but will someone get me a walkthrough.? thank you

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Do you have any support documents you can refer to?

hamman01

hamman01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what do u mean support documents?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Like, did the router come with a manual? A support knowledgebase?

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Storm means, do you have any documentation on the router? Such as that tells you how to use it, to fix problems, and to show or tell you what you can do with it. So do you?

hamman01

hamman01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no. i know how to get to my settings and i no the password and stuff but i have no document.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Well obviously something is wrong, and well it helps to have documentation on it. What is the exact name and model of your Router, how much did you pay for it, where did you get it from, and whose the manufacturer of your Router? Fair warning..... Routers can be complicated, and do cause lots of problems.

hamman01

hamman01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
its a microsoft mn700 wieless router i just need to know what the inbound port is and if i need to take of firewalla and suff

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
We don't ask questions for our health. We ask those types of questions for reasons, so we can use that information so that we can gather information/ documentation to better help you fix your problem. So if you don't mind retrieve that information for us, thanks.

hamman01

hamman01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i dont know how much it costs its a microsoft mn700 wireless router i have no documents no nothing

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Well its going to be hard helping you then. You should have some documentation or something, here's what I advise, you need to learn to deal with these types of situations, so here's what you need to do, go to http://google.com/ and type in the name of your router and find some information on it, then come tell us the information I asked for. This will help both of us. You will learn to research information on computer hardware, and we can be helped by helping you fix your hardware issue, :whistling:.

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 10 September 2006 - 06:18 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Is there any software based help system you can refer to? Like when it installs, it gives you the help files?

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
That would be documentation, and yes, Storm thats a good thought you've brought up. Hamman, go to >Start >All Programs and look and see if your router is listed, and if it is highlight the menu, and see if it pops up with extra information.

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Here's a link to the documentation for this series of wireless base stations from Microsoft:

Microsoft Wireless Base Stations

crustygloves

crustygloves

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok i had this problem jsut a while ago. check out www.portforward.com try finding my thread and see if any of that helps you out. it should be about 1-2 pages back, but portforward.com is an awsome guide