Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network slowed after reformat help!

• Please log in to reply

btucker

btucker

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hello I just reformatted my computer with the same windows xp i had on my system before but now my internet is slower atleast when I download my speeds are cut into half. I used to download at 500-600kbs now im down to 200-300kbs very slow on every website. I do use a wireless Linksys Wet11 device as well but right after I reformatted my internet connections download speeds were cut in half. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I do not think its the Wet11 device causing this problem because it worked perfectly before the reformat and I tried contacting linksys support and they just make you feel like your stupid when they do not know anything.

Thank you

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello btucker and welcome to G2G, :whistling:

2 quick questions that I need answers to, then we will get started.

1. Are you using XP home or Pro? Please inlcude what Service patch you are using also. This can be found by clicking on Start, Run, type in: sysdm.cpl and hit Ok, Click on the General tab, Copy down all the information located between System and Registered to, and post it back here.

2. What drivers do you have loaded for your Linksys Wet11 device? Here is how to tell: Click on Start, Run, type in: devmgmt.msc and scroll down to network adapters, right click on your Wet11 device and select Properties, click on the Driver tab, and then the Driver details button, Under driver files copy down what is in the white box and also what is listed below the white box for Provider, file version, copyright and Digital signer then post all this information back here.

Thanks.

btucker

btucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 Version 2002

And the WET11 connects directly to the ethernet so my lan card which is nforce networking controller which i updated recently with drivers and I did install my WET11 software as well.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Uninstall the WEt11 software and just use windows WZC....