Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system 32 folder

• Please log in to reply

mrsgri5362

mrsgri5362

• Pip
  • 1 posts
system 32 folder appears everytime i log on how do i make it stop
:whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Malware. See appropriate forum.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Also

Possibly caused by an incorrect entry in the Registry keys that control programs launched at start-up.

The two main keys are:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Each named value within these two keys represents a program launched at start-up; each value's data holds the command to be executed.

If the command is blank or contains just a character in double quotation marks, this missing data can cause Windows Explorer to display the System32 folder at start-up.

Click start then run, type regedit and the press enter

Click file, click export, check the dot is in all for export range, name the file and save to a folder you create in My Documents

Locate either of the registry keys mentioned above.

Look carefully at each value in the right-hand pane. If the value's data is blank, contains only single quotation marks, or otherwise appears to be corrupted, delete the value. Repeat the process for the other key, then restart your system to verify that the problem Explorer window does not appear at start-up.