Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any way to sneak around NO ACCESS to e-mail at work?

• Please log in to reply

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this (other forums didn't seem appropriate), but my workplace has blocked all outside e-mail -- that is, access to websites like AOL.com, Hotmail.com, et. el.

I WAS able to get to my e-mail via T-Mobile's website. As a T-mobile customer, i was able to sign up to their service and it would access my e-mail via my phone AND their website. SO I could go to the T-mobile site, go to a page that accessed my mail and voila!

But they've caught on and blocked that site.

Well, my phone doesn't currently have web service...SO, is there a site somewhere online that I can use as a sort of "shell" where I can go there and get to my mail, similar to how I did at T-mobile's site?

Obviously, the site needs to not raise flags on the the "SmartFilter"...Any ideas?

<<URL request denied by SmartFilter. (content_filter_denied)

Your request tcp://myemail.t-mobile.com:442/ was denied because of its content categorization: "Web Mail">>

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is one solution:

Go home at lunchtime/after work and get to your email outside of work time.

Otherwise, raise your concerns with your supervisor (in an appropriate way), or change jobs. The company has these restrictions in place for a reason and you may find that they form part of your company agreement for internet access, and if that is the case, you really cannot complain.

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Heh.

Thanks for the advice -- I'm already searching for the new gig.

And, no, there is nothing stated about this in the company agreement I signed when I started.

And, yes, I have discussed the subject w/my supervisors. My immediate supervisor said "no problem" on getting me the approval...her supervisor said "I'll look into it" (all it takes is an e-mail to the security group) and has literally refused to talk about it ever since.

Now, does anybody have a better suggestion? =op