Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers Crash When Viewing CNN.COM

• Please log in to reply

happy45

happy45

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For the last month or so Netscape 7.2, Netscape 8.1 and I/E 6 crash when I view CNN.com. So far this is the only site I have a problem with. I enabled the site for pop-ups, turned off Java Script and uninstalled shockwave. The problem still exists. I have run Spybot, Ad-Aware and Windows Defender and removed all spyware. Virus scan comes up clean. Any ideas?

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Does it crash just the browsers, or the entire operating sytem?

happy45

happy45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It only crashes the browsers. When Netscape 7.2 crashes XP wants to know if I want to send an error report. (I have sent several) With Netscape 8.1 and I/E 6 they just close with no messages or anything. I must add that when I go to CNN.COM I can read some of the articles before it crashes. Sometimes it is the first thing I look at and sometimes I can look at several news items before it crashes. It seems to usually crash when I hit the back button to return to the main menu.