Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse Dropper Generic FWK

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
[font=Arial]

Hello Pros,

Got a nasty variant of TROJAN HORSE DROPPER GENERIC FWK via P2P Sharing app....inside a zipped program and it's crack.
My latest NAV 2003 definitions missed it, as did Spybot, SpywareBlaster, CWShredder, and AdawareSE.

It wasn't until I installed AVG Free and ran their
scan that it showed up. The folder holding this file froze up every time I opened it, and would only close when terminated by Task Mgr. Once AVG found it, I booted up in Safe-Mode and deleted it from there (should have quarantined the specimen, tho).

Rebooted, and now find the folder it was once in is still freezing up on me.

Also, I've been getting alot of error messages that terminate in the middle of a process lately, especially with this P2P File Sharing Program. 0xc000005, BEX, DrWatson, etc., this kind of thing....see my other post.

I have WinXP Home SP2 and all new updates. But I confess, I use the OS to do too many things....video editing, audio stuff, file sharing, word processing, graphics and digital photo, and more.....so my machine is under alot of strain....

How can I free-up that stuck folder, and scrape [u]any suspicious entries in the registry (?), which these scans have not detected or repaired ???

Sorry I failed to quarantine and save a copy of the object for expert study.....it is obviously a new and insidious variant.

Thank you,

ScottPortraits

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Hello and welcome sorry for the delay.. Please follow the instructions here for posting a HijackThis log (Step 5). Post back with the log :whistling: