Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty menu problem

• Please log in to reply

yeahright

yeahright

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all new here i just install cod and the expansion pack and after it gets to the main menu it looks like this nothing is there i tried it without the expansion pack but nogo then i tried the patch but still doesnt work i used to play it all the time but now i reinstall it and it wont work

thanks for your help

system spec

cedarmill 631
radeon x850xt
1gig mem
600GB hdd

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by yeahright, 11 September 2006 - 08:30 PM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

hi all new here i just install cod and the expansion pack and after it gets to the main menu it looks like this nothing is there i tried it without the expansion pack but nogo then i tried the patch but still doesnt work i used to play it all the time but now i reinstall it and it wont work

thanks for your help

system spec

cedarmill 631
radeon x850xt
1gig mem
600GB hdd

You might need to try different drivers for your video card. Have you updated your video card drivers at all lately or awhile back?? If so you should try going back to the previous video card drivers you had installed that worked correctly with the game. Or try getting the very latest drivers that are compatable with your video card.

yeahright

yeahright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
alright ill try a new driver and get back with you thanks for the reply

edit ok i updated the driver and it still not showing menu options so i downgraded it and still the same thing

Edited by yeahright, 11 September 2006 - 08:45 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall the game completely then reinstall it. You could of gotten ahold of a corrupted file that you downloaded from someones server. When you goto other servers it automatically downloads whatever file that you need inorder to play on that server.. Sometimes if you have too many mods/third party files cod can get buggy and act funny also.

I would try to reinstall though.

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
i presume you have downloaded a personal patch from a server when trying to enter it, scan through your cod file [my computer > c drive > program files > call of duty] see if you have downloaded anything suspicious

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If you have just installed the game, you will need to install the patches as well. 1.5 for cod:uo specifically. If you are still having problems then you will need to reinstall the game.