Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Network Problem

• Please log in to reply

Skudor

Skudor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I have a problem connecting a packard bell easynote R3563 to a desktop computer using a normail crossover cable.

What's funny for me is that i can ping the desktop from the notebook and i can also ping the notebook from the desktop (they are in the same workgroup and have different names) but as soon as i want to access the desktops file form the notebook i get a error message "The network location cannot be reached".

The desktop is running Windows Xp Pro and the the notebook is running Windows XP Home SP2.
Something i also don't quite understand is that in my control panel there is two network connection icons don't know if that can be the problem. But the best part is i can access the internet on the notebook (it works from the the connection that's shared on the the desktop)

What i did so far but to no sucess is.
- change the ip and workgroups (always the same on workgroups on both but with different ip's)
- removed all firewalls and also disabled windows wirewalls
- reinstalled NIC's drivers
- resetup the sharing
- antivirus couldn't find anything

Can someone maybe advice me......?

Thx in advance for your help!

Advertisements

Skudor

Skudor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Problem solved!!!!!!!!, The problem was a faulty driver that i downloaded form the net. :whistling:

(edit i left the driver part out....oops)

Edited by Skudor, 12 September 2006 - 11:23 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Good work fixing it yourself :blink: Come back and see us if you have any more questions :whistling: