Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL instant messenger Crash

• Please log in to reply

Aimers1022

Aimers1022

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I am not very good with computers so any help that i can recieve in lay man's terms would be GREAT! My AIM gives me a message saying "AOL Instand Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then i Clicked for more information and it gave me this :
AppName: aim.exe AppVer: 5.9.3702.0 ModName: hyperbarss3.dll
ModVer: 1.0.1.1 Offset: 00001141

Theni clicked for technical information about the error. It then gave me a very long technical message i was unable to copy and paste.

I must mention I had my computer fixed today for having to antivirus prgrams both installed, and while i was there they got me semantec and ad-aware. they cleaned everything up, or so i thought. but now suddenly this AIM thing is happening. I have run all the scans and got rid of everything, but it is still not working.

I would appreciate any help, but like i said i am not very good with computers and would need detailed, simple instructions on how to fix this, if any of you awesome computer wizes would be so gracious as to help a simple college girl out! thanks so much for taking the time to read this, even if u can't help me. i hope to hear from someone soon. thanks.

Advertisements

njustice

njustice

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Hello and welcome to GTG!
We are sorry for the late reply,
If you’re still looking to resolve this issue, please run through the steps outlined in this Topic.

Post back a fresh HijackThis log when done.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know,
Thank you and again sorry for the late reply.