Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

emac troubles

• Please log in to reply

justthe2ofus50

justthe2ofus50

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a 800mhrtz emac running 10.4.7 with 1gb ram.
It is running extremely slow!!!!! I get the "spinning colored ball of death" all the time!! Although I have cable internet access, I can only download at speeds of 50k-400k per second, when they should be 4meg-6meg per second. Pages sometimes take several minutes to load.
I have had trouble after trouble with the system doing crazy things that I've in twenty yrs. experience have never seen happen. The desktop flashing on and off, with all the desktop icons flashing on and off. I've used the disk utilities, and on numerous occasions the startup disk needed severe repairs. Booting from the software disks, they have been repaired only to happen again and again. I've ran the program Internet Connect to find any spyware, and it always comes up clean. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements