Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message Microsoft run time

• Please log in to reply

oldjeeps

oldjeeps

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was in the middle of typing a document when a "run time error" drop down appeared on the screen. Lost my document and will have to start over. I've never seen a "run time error" What is it?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Means it's done something it shouldn't, or something that it's done that it isn't supposed to do. In the internet world we now inhabit, many older programs come up against new (complimentary) programs and start doing things that they shouldn't because they don't like the new software.

Browser toolbar helpers, such as Google Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar and even eBay Toolbar are known to cause great difficulties with some programs, which is why I don't use or recommend any of them.

oldjeeps

oldjeeps

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Means it's done something it shouldn't, or something that it's done that it isn't supposed to do. In the internet world we now inhabit, many older programs come up against new (complimentary) programs and start doing things that they shouldn't because they don't like the new software.

Browser toolbar helpers, such as Google Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar and even eBay Toolbar are known to cause great difficulties with some programs, which is why I don't use or recommend any of them.

Neal thanks for the reply. I've got both tool bars so i think it is time to remove them although I'm not sure how to do that.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Go to your add and remove programs from your control panel look for google tool bar and yahoo toolbar click on them and then remove

http://toolbar.msn.c...suite/tabs.aspx ..download that one its good

then do a disk clean up from your system tools found in all programs in accessries

reboot

Edited by rushin1nd, 13 September 2006 - 03:51 PM.