Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor issues

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello,
I'm having an issue with my Monitor. I turned my computer on a couple of days ago, and when the monitor booted up my picture was not sized corrected. What i mean by this is that my desktop was off center and moved up about two inches, leaving a 2 inch black border at the bottom the screen, under the task bar. Aslo, when i moved my cursor to the top, left and right of my monitor the screen will automatically scroll up/down, left/right so that i can view the entire desktop. I've tired to fix this problem but i'm only been able to fit the whole desktop on my screen (without scrolling) however my screen size still leaves me with 2 inch black border (1 inch on top, 1 inch on bottom). I've tried doing my display properties, and even power serging my monitor.
How can i fix this problem? Thanks

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you made any changes to your system recently? Have you tried updating your video card drivers? If not, let us know and we'll walk you through it.

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello, the only major task that i've done to my system was insalling a clean version of WinXpSp2 about a month ago. Since then i've done no tampering. Today i tried looking online for drivers for my display adapter but i couldn't seem to find any for my specific card. My adapter name is 'Radeon 7000/Radeon VE Family'. I know its not a monitor issue cuz i tried a second monitor and i had the same problem.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
It sounds for sure like a graphics card issue, which could probably be fixed with updated drivers... Your card is not on the supported list? if you can't find it, I suggest giving ATI a ring, or e-mailing them for a link to a suitable driver...