Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creative Audigy ZS 2 Sound Card Problem

• Please log in to reply

baby_blue_6_4

baby_blue_6_4

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have a 5.1 system and i was only getting sound out of a 2 speakers (i made sure it was set to 5.1 and not desktop speakers) so i uninstalled my audio card and reinstalled it because when i clicked in the control pannel the eax console it said error loading drivers,but once again i don't have sound out of the center speaker as well as the icon for creative's eax console doesn't pop up anymore. i first noticed that i had a problem with the sound again when i was clicking on stuff in the control pannel for the sound card and it told me that the drivers were bad, so i uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would fix it. also when i go to their site to update the drives in the software autoupdate it tell me that i haven't restarted since i installed the other updates, but i have. :whistling: also i have contacted creative back when i had the sound problem with the center speaker and it never got fixed, so i just delt with it. this is what they had to say about it:

CHECKING AND CHANGING THE IRQ OF YOUR CARD
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware
2. Click on the Device Manager button to open up Device Manager
3. Go to View > Resources by type
4. Open up the IRQ section
5. Find the main listing for the card
6. Check to see what IRQ the card is listed on.
7. Check to see what other devices are listed on the same IRQ number
8. Shut down Windows
9. Power off computer
10. Switch the slot of your card
11. Boot the system, and reinstall the drivers for the card.
12. Repeat steps 1 - 5 to check the current IRQ for the card.
13. Note the IRQ listed now. Has it changed?
14. Check to see what other devices are listed on the same IRQ
15. If the IRQ has not changed, or it is sharing with another device, we
may need to switch slots again. It also might be necessary to reserve
or assign resources in your motherboard BIOS.

i never had a chance to do that and i'm not sure that i would be able to switch slots as i have an nvidia gforce fx 5900 video card and it takes up 2 slots because of the fan on it. the other computer issue i was having is listed below.
http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=129165
also my creative zen microphoto is acting funny... like it doesn't display some songs only a select 4 out of 317 on there now, but it will play them. it's just when you go to scroll to that song and listen to it then it won't let you. also when i was scrolling through some songs it kept scrolling the same menu including the picture and wouldn't shut off untill i pulled the battery. :blink: it was also randomly shutting down and starting up by itself. could this be a virus embedded in an mp3 file? i haven't added any pics to it yet so it would have to be an mp3 or a bad update. anyhelp would be great as i'm going nuts here. :help: thanks if ya can shed some light.

Advertisements