Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cannot delete a few files from my desktop.

• Please log in to reply

drlovemoose

drlovemoose

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I use to have limewire and when I deleted some songs a few files were leftover on the desktop. The file size of these files are 0. When I try to delete them it will not let me.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try killbox
once you download it..run it then put the path to the file in the "full path of file to delete" box (or browse to the file by clicking on the little folder icon to the right of that box) then press the button that looks like a red circle with a white x in it. if the file still doesn't delete open the program again, put the file path or browse to the file then tick the "delete on reboot" box and press the red button again...when it tells you the file will be deleted on reboot press ok then reboot the computer..