Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transferring email from old computer to new computer

• Please log in to reply

ydm

ydm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can someone help me with transferring email from my old computer to my new computer?

I need access to messages, addresses, and folders and would like to get them all to the new computer.

Old computer had Outlook 2002 and new computer has Outlook 2003. Both have XP Professional.

I managed to get the .pst file over using an external hard drive and ended up getting locked out with Outlook requiring a password. I got this solved, but still need the folders and contacts. What a mess!

I also want to transfer the email from and to Microsoft Express.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
You may find the answer here, but you'll probably have better luck in the software forum.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Use DBXtract to move your email files.

http://www.oehelp.co...ct/Default.aspx

SRX660

ydm

ydm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for the assistance Kidnova and SRX660.

I did find the direction I needed on this forum once I learned how to navigate it better.

Problem is solved.

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
You could also just do a full archive in outlook 2002 and then use import/export to open the archive in 03. It has worked well in all upgraded machines i have worked on.

Edited by RjBass, 16 September 2006 - 11:05 PM.