However, today I ran into a glitch. For some reason my laptop will not connect to my WEP enabled wireless network. All of a sudden while I was surfing the web I just lost connectivity and have not been able to connect.
Items to note:
1. My laptop's internal NIC card (Intel®PRO/Wireless 2200BG) is finding the networks in range.
2. I have eliminated the DSL router as an issue, because another laptop & a desktop in my house are able to successfully connect.
3. I also have made several failed attempts to connect to unsecured networks in range, networks that I am normally able to connect to.
3. Prior to the issue I had inserted a Memory Expansion card in the laptop's slot (no error message or indiation of a problem displayed)
4. I notice that in my Network Connections it showing 1394 Connection as connected. So I disabled it, thinking it was causing a conflict, to no avail, still no wireless connectivity.
5. I have restarted a number of times hoping that would bring me back to normal. To no avail.
Any help to get me back to normal would be MUCH appreciated.