Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PlayOnline Viewer Error

• Please log in to reply

ROBJT21

ROBJT21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I tried to start PlayOnline today, for the first time ever I got a message that read

The instruction at "0x77f745cc" referenced memory at "00x00000007". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.

When i click on OK (the only choice), it terminates PlayOnline. I have removed and reinstalled PlayOnline and I still get this message. I have called PlayOnline and Microsoft for support and both said to call the other because it is not there problem. Also, when i called PlayOnline, we discovered that my video card was not at the required level for the game requirements. But this has not stopped me from playing the game for the last 8 months. I was wondering if anyone has any info on what to do or who to actually call for help. Thanks for all your time.

Advertisements

ROBJT21

ROBJT21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I talked to someone from PllayOnline and they said that it may be my video card. My video card does not meet the requirements to support the game but I have been playing it for the last 7 months with no problem. Would the bimonthly updates finally make my video card not be able to support the game? If so, would I need a new video card to stop getting this error?

death13a

death13a

• Pip
  • 5 posts
it would be helpful to know what video card you have and also try updating your video driver.

ROBJT21

ROBJT21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My video card is ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. The game requires the 9000 series I believe. Could this error be caused by my video card? I've used the same computer and video card for the last eight months and the game has worked fine.