Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No microphone sound

• Please log in to reply

caelumstarson

caelumstarson

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Every now and then i use my micophone when i play games. Sometimes i get sound and sometimes i don't from my mic. I know i did do soemthing to make it work but i don't know what i did to make it not work. I thought it might be the mic because it's ancient so i jsut bought a new one and there's no sound. I did all the control panel>sounds and audio stuff and still nothing. Can anyone please help.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Did you make sure it's not muted? While playing games, it sometimes mutes it so that the sound won't come out of your speakers, but people you talk to can hear you.

caelumstarson

caelumstarson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I know it's not muted because i've gone voer the options time and time again. Even if it did mute in-game wouldn't i still be able to record when i'm not? I mean when i go tot he recorder that comes with windows there's no sound waves or anything, just a straight line.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Have you tried enabling the 20 dec boost?

caelumstarson

caelumstarson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
what's what?

caelumstarson

caelumstarson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
man What the...!!! my audio driver just crapped out on me!

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
It gives the microphone a boost, which is good if you cannot hear anything. Here's how to enable it. Open the Volume Controls by double clicking on the speaker icon at the bottom-right of your screen. You should see "Microphone" somewhere in there, right? There should be an advanced button underneath the "microphone" volume settings. Click on it. You will now see a check box for the 20 dec boost. Check it, and hit ok. Exit the Volume Controls and give it a shot.

EDIT: The driver "crapped out"? Why? Did you do something, or did it just kind of happen? Try updating them from the manufacturer's website.

Edited by Stormknight6, 16 September 2006 - 04:20 PM.

caelumstarson

caelumstarson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
lol cause i disabled the windows mixer device thingy, just did a system restore so it's ok. I know about the mic boost and it's already on. It says microphone boost not dec boost on mine. Also before when my mic did work i could hear it and it worked in ym games but still nothing.