Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsing problems, pages not loading..

• Please log in to reply

youngratty

youngratty

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I've had this problem for several weeks now.
My pc will access some internet sites, but has major problems with most.
For example it will open 'Geeks to Go' but only opens part of the page.
Sometimes a refresh will bring up the page properly, sometimes this just brings up 'page cannot be displayed' message.
Sometimes it brings up the error message and has to close.
Every action is very slow.

I've downloaded IE7 which has speeded things up slightly, but still some sites are out of bounds - MySpace (used by my teenagers) opens a page eventually, but shows no pictures and often just the header of a page.

I've tried all the most obvious tricks:- system restore, defragged and have Norton anti-virus, Spybot, Ewido & ad-aware. Have deleted cookies etc and have deleted the prefetch items.
I just tried to get to 'hijack-this' to enable me to post an up to date log, but it won't open the page - so I'm feeling a bit stuffed!

I don't particularly suspect this to be a malware problem...which is why I'm posting here and not on the malware forum. You may think otherwise?

Can anyone help make any suggestions please?

I'm using a wireless laptop to write this (which works just fine - which suggests its not the ISP doesn't it?)... Ha! things are really bad when you can't log on to you wonderful guys at Geeks to ask for help!!

I'd be hugely grateful if someone could suggest something....anything.....!!

Many thanks
Youngratty
:whistling:

Edited by youngratty, 17 September 2006 - 03:56 AM.

Advertisements