Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seen this before?!? Digital Images "gone"!

• Please log in to reply

kfay

kfay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was reviewing some archived digital pictures and was shocked to see that many were "gone". The image name remained, however, the image size listed as 1k and all viewers indicated "unknown file format". This happened to several dozen images in different folders. Some folders' contents were complete "gone" while others were only partially affected. The "date modified" date and time on all of the affected files is the same.

I try to keep my "Norton" suite updated and scan semi-regularly for viruses. I updated virus definitions and ran a full scan after noticing this… no viruses were detected.

Any ideas? Many images were not backed up.... would really like to figure this out...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Windows XP, Media Center Ed. Ver. 2002
Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DM051
Pentium 4CPU 3GHz
1gb RAM

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you ever remove any software in your add n remove programs an old scanner or any typeof picture programs like photoshop

once the types of programs are removed then the pictures that are associated with the program that supports them they go to a dat file

but if the program is reinstalled the pictures and images are returned\

next time send image to paint shop and create a new name

that way paint will support new picture or image