Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Messenger and itunes

• Please log in to reply

wigster

wigster

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi
Experieincing problems with Messenger and itunes and think it is probably related to spyware or somehitng, though I am not that techinical. Have done scans with spybot, adware and cw shredder. Also ewido.
When i try to sign in on messenger it says signing in tpo windows live messenger becasue the serivec is temporarily unavailable. plseae try again later error codee 8004888d
just downloaded itunes 7 and thought the innstallation appeared to work, when i click on the icon nothing happens, no error message.
Appreciate this may be in the wrong place but even if you could point me in the correct direction this would help.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi, Error Code 8004888d means that messenger cannot connect. How long has the service been down? Keep trying.

wigster

wigster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yeah its been a week mate. Any ideas?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
When it says that messenger cannot connect, it usually gives you a troubleshoot button, right? There should be something in there about testing your connection... Try it.

wigster

wigster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
There is no troubleshoot button. I have tested my connection through the service status button and it is fine.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Are you using Windows Live BETA?

wigster

wigster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No. Should I be?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
No, I was just wondering, because a lot of people on Live have the same issue it seems.

wigster

wigster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
All my issues seem to have gone away. I think i received an automatic update overnight which solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Sure thing. If not, then the servers that Microsoft uses probably came back online. We'll see you around! :whistling: