Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compatability

• Please log in to reply

.Dark.

.Dark.

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok I have an Inspiron e1505. When I bought it, it only came with an Intel Integrated Video Card, an ATI Mobility Radeon x1300(<- the one I have), and an ATI Mobility Radeon x1400. Now when I see it it can come with a NVIDIA GeForceGo 7300 TurboCache. I am wondering if my laptop, which did not originally offer that, will be able to use it...
My mobo is 0XD720 as far as I know.

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well the answer is no laptop grahics cards can not be replaced or upgraded at all

the grahpics chips are physicall built into the motherboards and the card is not inderpendant
this means they can not be replaced or upgraded

troppo

.Dark.

.Dark.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok thnx, doesn't matter anymore, i've decided against it :whistling:

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

well the answer is no laptop grahics cards can not be replaced or upgraded at all

the grahpics chips are physicall built into the motherboards and the card is not inderpendant
this means they can not be replaced or upgraded

troppo

this is not entirely true though it is for the most part.... at least one of the toshibas was upgradeable ( dont' remember which one though )

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
yes i do understand that one of the toshiba's could be upgraded but on the chance that this person actually had one is extreamly rare so i didnt bother to explain it

99.5% of all laptops can not be upgraded ( graphics card wise )

so as a general accepted fact laptops can not be upgraded besides memeory (RAM), hard drive and possably a CPU. (also including upgrade cards)

troppo

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

yes i do understand that one of the toshiba's could be upgraded but on the chance that this person actually had one is extreamly rare so i didnt bother to explain it

99.5% of all laptops can not be upgraded ( graphics card wise )

so as a general accepted fact laptops can not be upgraded besides memeory (RAM), hard drive and possably a CPU. (also including upgrade cards)

troppo

No problem I'm just anal about details....

:help: :whistling: :blink: