Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need HELP

• Please log in to reply

gufur

gufur

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello.

Me and my friend was going to put in another fan into my computer. We also swapped my graphics card, beacuse I've been having some graphics error.

When the computer was up and running again, we thought "why not put some music on". And since then, there is no sound comming out from the speakers. This is what we did: Restored BIOS, installed new drivers for the card (sais that the card doesnt exist on the computer), we swapped it for another sound card (still sais that the card doesnt exist on the computer). I have now also formated my harddrive so its only WinXP Home on it, and I can still not identify the soundcard. (I have a Creative Soundblaster Audigy sound card, if that helps)

In the Device Manager i get a "This device cannot start (code 10)" thingie. Quick help appreciated.

Thanks on forehand.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check you didn't make the soundcard loose, or remove a wire

Disconnect the fan to check it isn't the problem