Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UnInstall

• Please log in to reply

GameSage

GameSage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed a program named sam 2003 version 1.0 and don't use it anymore, If you could assist me on getting it off my computer I would appreciate it.

This is the error message I get when I try to uninstall it with the Add/Remove window

Posted Image

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Have you tried going into safe mode and uninstalling it from add/remove? To get into safe mode in XP home hit the F8 key when the computer is booting up. If that still does not work you can try using Moveonboot to remove the file. The only problem with Moveonboot is some files in other areas may have to be found and deleted. moveonboot will only delete the files you specify.

http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html

SRX660

IllEffect

IllEffect

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I know this is unrelated to this thread but how do you make a copy of an error like that so you can post it? Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can use a programme like screenshot captor (from my signature) to select a part of the screen

Then you need to click add reply (not fast), click browse to locate the screenshot, click add this attachment, click add in to post

If you use screenshot captor, click preferences, folders to set the out put folder as a folder you create in my pictures

ldown6969

ldown6969

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hey i found a cool program that lets you select the files you want gone and then when you restart it deletezs them before the auto run on startup. i can't for the life of me remeber where i got it but it was freeware and if you search stuff relating to it i'm sure you can fins something like it. it's called gipo@utilities

Edited by ldown6969, 17 September 2006 - 11:05 PM.