Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mother Board Broken?

• Please log in to reply

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Well it seems that My PC has been having problem since Ive had, but now I seem to becoming more aware of these problems.

Mother Board: ASUS P4C800-E

1st) I have to turn my PC on twice
I can tell when it works by looking at my Keyboard, because all the Lights (for the Caps, # Lock, F-Lock and Scroll Lock) light up once and turn off.
If my PC doesnt turn on nothing will happen to my Keyboard no lights, nothing.

2nd) I have to click F2 because I get an Error for Overclocking

3rd) Random Shutdowns - I get 2 types of Shutdowns
1 - Screen, and Noise Shutdowns - I'll be playing or doing something, and then I hear a Thump noise from my Speakers and My Screen Shutsdown, but the weird thing is My PC is still on, and On the screen A Message Shows up "No RGB Input"

2 - Complete Shutdowns - My Whole PC Will just Stop during the middle of something (Not many Programs Opened)

Someone told me it was related to my Mother Board.

I wrote a post a long time ago and someone told me to reset my CMOS. No Difference

I Hope someone can help me, cause right now Im just desperate enough to go and buy a Completely New Mother Board.

Edited by SJ Danny, 17 September 2006 - 03:16 PM.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Have you tested the power supply? This is one of the most common issues that may seem like random happenings.

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Im almost 100% Sure its not my Power Supply.

My brother got me most of my Parts and he says I Have more than enough Power for my PC

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Well No Word from anyone else in one week, so I bought a New Mother Board and I get it on Monday.

Im Getting a: MB ASUS P4S800D-X 655FX