Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Cleaner

• Please log in to reply

MarcM

MarcM

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I want to clean up possible registry problems and found this freeware. Was wondering if anyone has experience with it?

Should I give it a try?

Thanks for any advise.

mm

Advertisements

K.R.

K.R.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm sorry I don't have experience with the program you are asking about, but hopefully someone will be along shortly who does. It might or might not suit your needs. That's the catch with freeware. There are certain problems that I don't mind using freeware, and other times I avoid it like the plague. You really need to be "in touch" with your PC. Haha. In a sort of Eastern transcendental meditative way. (Hey, do you remember HAL from Space Odyssey) Computers have feelings, I swear. Anyway, I have had a good experience with using StompSoft's Registry Repair I began using it after I had MAJOR issues and have had nothing but good results with it.

MarcM

MarcM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for the advise. Especially with regards to trusting freeware with certain problems. I don't think I want freeware working on my registry problems. I will look into Stompsoft's Registry repair.

Hal from space odyssey! Ah, you are dating yourself. Yes, I to remeber Hal, scary how art imitates life!!

Thanks again!java script:emoticon(':whistling:', 'smid_18')
:blink:

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
With regard to Eusing Free Registry Cleaner i have been using it for 10 months now and have found it very good. It has a backup registry facility so you can't really do any damage. Have a look at their site as they have other very useful Free prog's.

MarcM

MarcM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
sha,

Thanks for the advise. I will check their website out.

Thanks again
mm