Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen layout and positioning

• Please log in to reply

Nitpicker

Nitpicker

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
When I choose to read mail, it would be good if the mail showed up filling my screen instead of at the bottom of what I can see so I must scroll to read it.

Nitpicker

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Sorry, could we know which screen on what mail you are talking about as that would help us to reply?

Nitpicker

Nitpicker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK, I took a screen shot, but it is on my desktop and in an email partly composed. I tried to load an image after rolling over the icons to find out what they meant.

(It would work better for me, and for many, if the icons were replaced by names.)

The load image wants a URL but I don't know how to name the file on my desktop. Is that how to do it?

Is there a way I can send my ready email so that it can appear here in response?

Perhaps it would just be easier if I explained in a few other words.

For example, just minutes ago I signed in and used an automated assistant to find my post. When it did, almost all of the visible screen was consumed by "boilerplate" so that only the title of my posting was visible to me. I had to scroll down to see the content.

It's not that that is so terrible, but as a nitpicker, I felt compelled to remark that it would be even better, for me, if the requested message appeared at the very top of the page so I could get right to work. I wouldn't mind a bit if the other stuff appeared below the thing I sought.

And the experience prompts another remark:

When I scrolled down to see the body of my (first) posting, there was no obvious way to see the response to it. After several minutes, I tried clicking on the title bar (I think) which got me to a page which also included the response to my posting. I would have preferred to get to that screen in the first place. Picky, picky, I know. What do you expect from a nitpicker?

Ah, now I see I can add the image as a File Attachment. OK, here goes:

Picture_1.png

Does that answer your question?