Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Print Screen

• Please log in to reply

sschmitz

sschmitz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
This sounds so simple... but can't find answer. My keyboard has prt screen key and I tried alt + prt screen key ... nothing... I tried Ctl + P .... nothing... I tried Ctl + Prt screen .... nothing.
I tried finding out if I needed to change setting preferences, i.e. check prt screen option. Nothing... Went to Microsoft XP... totally Twilight Zone....,

I just need to know how to print what is on my screen. It won't let me copy and paste because it is list of files....argghhh.

:whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you just plain press the Print Screen key, and that key alone, it is already on the clipboard, so go into paint, or another image editor and paste it.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi,

Print screen will work in DOS and other cLI type OS environments. In windows it actually creats a screen capture to clipboard that you can paste into a word document or a browser to view then save as a .jpg. Alt+print screen captures a openned window that is active and you can save the image as discribed in a browser or word pad. From the browser or word pad you can print the image.

sschmitz

sschmitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for responding so... really embarrassed ... just thought it would print out...tried it with MicroWord open and opened clip board...there it was GREAT!!!

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
No problem! We're glad to hear that it's all working out for you :whistling: