Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't log into windows--project1?

• Please log in to reply

hullabaloo2

hullabaloo2

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok. I'll try to explain what I know as best as I can. Yesterday, my laptop was running just fine. I restarted my computer for a firefox update and when windows opened I started getting a bunch of error messages that I didn't understand and then everything froze. I did a hard restart and when windows loaded some error messages came up saying that it couldn't load a certain program that I didn't recognize and that there was some sort of c++ error. However, this time I could use some of my programs. I couldn't access firefox or IE or any of my firewall/antivirus software. It said that I didn't have permission. Everything then became very sluggish and I opened the task manager to see what was running and the I saw something called project1. I ended it and it never came back on. Then more and more of my software became disabled. I restarted in safemode and was able to do an antivirus sweep. It found a whole bunch of infections and said that it repaired them. I tried to restart in normal mode and when I got to the login in screen I got stuck. I entered my password and then it said "loading your settings", but then immediately said logging off and sent me back to the login screen. I restarted in safe mode, but now it does the same thing there too. Please help me someone. I don't want to have to reformat my HD. Some of my files are pictures of my wedding that haven't been backed up yet and I don't want to lose them!!!! :whistling:

Advertisements