Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0xc000005 Error and Prog Terminates

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Hi,

In the middle of running an app, I get alot of error messages like 0xc000005, BEX, and DrWatson post-mortem debugger.....and the prog shuts down without saving work-in-progress.
I've cleaned the system completely of any malware and have a much
better security set-up now.

Also, ran automated registry cleaning and diagnostic progs to scrape residue/debris out of there....

....so a Windows file corruption is the only likely cause. My PC came with the OS (WinXP Home SP2) 'built-in' to the cabinets....and the so-called recovery disks are practically useless.

Without a good clean version of the full OS install disk, I can't imagine how to proceed now.

How do we unfortunates who bought new machines with the OS 'installed' , and some crummy restore disks that don't work ever fix a corrupt Windows system file????

Is DrWatson really an important feature?

A chat-room person said 0xc000005 errors refer to the graphics card....is this right?

Interested in reading another opinion.

Thanks with the help cleaning up my malware woes last week. :whistling: Great site.

-scottportraits :blink:

Advertisements