Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

0xc000005 Error and Prog Terminates

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

In the middle of running an app, I get alot of error messages like 0xc000005, BEX, and DrWatson post-mortem debugger.....and the prog shuts down without saving work-in-progress.
I've cleaned the system completely of any malware and have a much
better security set-up now.

Also, ran automated registry cleaning and diagnostic progs to scrape residue/debris out of there....

....so a Windows file corruption is the only likely cause. My PC came with the OS (WinXP Home SP2) 'built-in' to the cabinets....and the so-called recovery disks are practically useless.

Without a good clean version of the full OS install disk, I can't imagine how to proceed now.

How do we unfortunates who bought new machines with the OS 'installed' , and some crummy restore disks that don't work ever fix a corrupt Windows system file????

Is DrWatson really an important feature?

A chat-room person said 0xc000005 errors refer to the graphics card....is this right?

Interested in reading another opinion.

Thanks with the help cleaning up my malware woes last week. :whistling: Great site.

-scottportraits :blink: