Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Internet Still Needing Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

crysi1

crysi1

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Time line of events leading to problem with my WindowsXP SP2
Microsoft automatic updates downloaded successfully
Malicious Software Removal Tool Sept.06 890830
Windows updates KB920872, KB922582
Security updates KB919007, KB920685
During this download time I was browsing the internet and Microsoft's Windows Defender detected some Adware, NewDot net and WhenUsave. Later during a full scan it reported Exploit:Win32/Wmfap. All was deleted by Windows Defender. Computer was rebooted.
Message came up from Symantec Antivirus that comes with my Netzero ISP: Symantec email proxy can not scan email messages because your network is not properly configured
I tried to connect to my Netzero ISP and just after it logged me in it gave me the error message 500 internal authentication error. I could not connect with the server even after following each of their troubleshooters.
I went to my system event viewer and the following were logged:
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID 7023
Type :error
Discription: Automatic updates service terminated with the following error, The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.
Source: Server
Event ID: 2504
Type:warning
Discr. This server could not bind to the transport device\NetBt_Tcpip_
I have scanned the PC for viruses and ran tune up utilities. Systm restore did not work.
I have emailed Netzero tech support and waiting for a reply but I am not sure it's their software. Any advice to get back online would surely be appreciated.
UPdate: Netzero tech suggestions didn't work, please help.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please do not post duplicate topics for the same issue. If someone can help you, they will. If more then 3 days have passed and you still haven't gotten any help, then please post a topic in the Waiting Room. In this topic, please post a link to your topic as well as a brief description of your problem.

Fenor

*Original topic can be found HERE

Edited by Fenor, 20 September 2006 - 05:27 PM.