Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Tally

Tally

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Every time I try to open internet explorer it begins to open and then suddenly closes before the first page can completley load. I tried changing home pages but it does it on all of them. It seemed to start hapening after I ran a EWido scan. I run Ewido and Ad-aware scans regulary. Does anyone know what the issue is? Thank you in advance!

Edited by Tally, 21 September 2006 - 08:06 PM.

Advertisements

agiletiger

agiletiger

• Pip
  • 5 posts
This is happening to me also. Earlier today, IE was working correctly. Shut down the computer, came back several hours later ..... Now as soon as go through IE, page starts to open and shut down instantly.

However, if going through another software application that has an address bar, I can type in an internet address and access the internet that way. It won't allow a secondary window to open though.

Ran virus scan, ad aware and vundo fix.....no problems found.

Any help appreciated.

Carrie

agiletiger

agiletiger

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok.....just tried to run an ewido scan.... got partway through and then the program spontaneously closed before it finished....

Tally

Tally

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

This is happening to me also. Earlier today, IE was working correctly. Shut down the computer, came back several hours later ..... Now as soon as go through IE, page starts to open and shut down instantly.

However, if going through another software application that has an address bar, I can type in an internet address and access the internet that way. It won't allow a secondary window to open though.

Ran virus scan, ad aware and vundo fix.....no problems found.

Any help appreciated.

Carrie

Try removing your yahoo toolbar if you have one. That worked for me.

Ray1inJT

Ray1inJT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
From what I've heard, this is not Spyware, virus, etc. Microsoft's last Live Update actually 'broke' their own program.
Netscape, etc., any other program with an address bar will work...
IE6 needs to be fixed. Don't make any changes or panic.
They WILL fix it...just no word on how soon.

agiletiger

agiletiger

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Removing the toolbar worked!!!!!!! Thanks so much tally!

Carrie

Traci J

Traci J

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This just happened to me today as well. How did you remove the toolbar?

keeyn

keeyn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
this happened to me also.

I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall, but to no avail.

Even trying to rename the iexplore.exe to iexplore2.exe and launching it through double-click and command promptn also doesn't help.

I am desperate now.

agiletiger

agiletiger

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I didn't try to reinstall the Yahoo toolbar after I removed it.... Maybe just remove it from your programs and see if IE will work ok .....

c