Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player 10 problems

• Please log in to reply

TheBen

TheBen

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, basically my problem is that i have 35Gb of music on my pc, and when i play anything on media player 10, it stutters whether i am doing anything or not, but more if i am on the net or running progs obviously.
I have 2 hard drives, one has windows and other things (60Gb), the other has games, vids and music (120Gb split into 4 drives). On C:\ I have about 1.5Gb free and my music drive has prob 30Gb free.

I realise it must be a memory issue but i have 2Gb of ram, and have tried disabling all non-essential programs, defragging all drives, deleting temp internet files\cookies etc, increasing the paging file size. I have tried using other media players such as quintessential, but to no avail.

I have noticed in task manager that i have ituneshelper.exe (i think) and another apple prog running, though i do not own an ipod (i have itunes installed), so i will never use these programs; I jus thought that there must be other proccesses that i do not use and taking up much needed memory. I have FreeRam installed but disabling it makes no difference, i dont see the point in having it at all actually...

Can you suggest any things i could do or programs that could help me please...

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you don't use itunes then I would unistall it.

Free up space on your c drive. You are running out of room for your swap file. You need at least 15% free on the drive in order for defrag to work properly. Not to mention since you have 2gigs of memory that you should be running with 3 gigs of minimum free space on c:

Or you can upgrade your c drive to a larger hard drive.