Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i stop e-mails

• Please log in to reply

blue sky

blue sky

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hello,
Is there anyone who can help me??
When i go into my e-mail i normally have about 30-60 ' no_reply@geekstogo forum prescription new topic notification'
I have tried customising my e-mail preferences in geekstogo my controls but to know avail,
also am i in the correct forum?
Regards

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi blue sky
:help: Welcome to GTG all you have to do is click my controls look in menu on the left and go down to subscriptions and view Topic and then just put a Tick in the boxes that you don't want to subscribe to and that's you unsubscribed to all Topic's you don't want Email from. good luck

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

blue sky

blue sky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks for that cheyanne,
The subsciption part of GTG has been off-line for maintenance and is not back on yet but at least i know where it is now.
Thanks again

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi blue sky
:help: your quite welcome

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

blue sky

blue sky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hello,
Is there anyone who can tell me when the download manager, to unsubcribe to e-mail notification will be back online as it has been 'temporarily offline for maintenence' since i joined GTG several weeks ago.
Or is there another way i can stop receiving from GTG the 30-6O daily e-mails.
Thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the download manager that you're talking about doesn't controll the emails you're getting...i'm not 100% sure what that is for but i would imagine it's for the attachment of files and whatnot....the way to unsubscribe to topics is to click on "my controls" in the top right of the page...then down the left side look for the section labled "Subscriptions", then either click on "View Topics" or "View Forums" depending on what type of subscription you're wanting to remove (probably topics for you but check both to be sure)...then you find the topic/forum that you no longer want notifications for...put a check in the box to the right...then click "unsubscribe" at the bottom...

you can also click "Email Settings" from the left side of your control panel and set the option "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" to off...this way you wont automatically get emails....take note that this means if you actually WANT the emails..you'll have to tick the button to enable notifications in each thread you reply to that you want notifications for

gyt6765

gyt6765

• Pip
  • 5 posts
dsenette has given you really good advice. I also think you can stop getting notification from GTG using options on your "my control" board.
dsenette told you what to do step by step.