Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS XP HE BOOTUP/RECOVERY HELP

• Please log in to reply

daddy_yankee

daddy_yankee

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
A blue screen has appeared stating the following.

A problem has been detecetd and windows has been shut-down to prevent any damages to your computer. If this is the first time you've this stop error screen. Restart computer if this screen appears again follow steps.
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in a stop message, disable driver or check with manufacturur for driver updates. Try changining video apdators.

Check with your hardware vendors for any BIOS update. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer. press F8to select advanced start up options, then select safe mode.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x80576DCF, 0xA95E52A0, 0x00000000)

Everytime I hit F10 for a system recovery , it fully loads the system recovery bar then appears with the message above. Under Safe mode i have disk fragmented and run clean-up. I have also downloaded the bios update for my computer.

I want to do a full system recovery because my computer bootup is extremely slow. It takes ages for it to bootup and theres always seems to be something running in the background.
I have also deleted the prefetch files but they dont seem to make any difference.

I have booted my computer under safe mode and it doesnt have a problem booting up. It is fast.

I have also run msconfig.. which allows me to choose which startup programs . I have disable all of them so it wont take time.

Multiple Virus Scans.

Nothing seems to help.

Please YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPERCIATED!!!!

Edited by daddy_yankee, 24 September 2006 - 06:53 AM.

Advertisements

daddy_yankee

daddy_yankee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Posted Image

daddy_yankee

daddy_yankee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I installed sp2 update... my computer appeared slower.. do you think theres a link between sp2 update.. and my bootup startup becoming so slow.

there seems to be something running in the background.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Heres what microsoft has to say about your stop error

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=315335