Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ALWAYS BITMAP

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
im using internet explorer 6.+ and everytime i right-click and save pictures, it saves as BITMAP file even if the one i want to save is jpeg or gif. anyone knows how to fix this problem?
thanks.

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi,

This happened to me as well, in the days where I was little niave with computers. However, my problem was overcome by installing a graphics package, it was Fireworks to my knowledge. It almost appeared to automatically do this.

When you right click on the picture and it your save as dialog appears, is there an option of 'save as type:' As in here there should be a few different file options.

Is there any reason you are unhappy with the bitmap files?

geekako

geekako

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
yes there is the 'save as type' option but bitmap is the only choice.

bitmap file is fine with me if it has a little file size.
bitmap files are huge and it took up a lot of space in my hard drive.
so what i do is i edit these bitmap files as jpeg in photoshop.
but i get tired of doing this everytime... so i guess im gonna try the fireworks and see if it works. thanks

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Do you have adanihillator installed? Or anything similar, this can stop internet explorer being able to download jpegs, using bitmaps.

Let me know, i'll find a way around it!

geekako

geekako

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i have adaware se installed and spyware blaster. do you think that's the problem?

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
It has been known for ad aware type software to stop the download of jpegs. Remove the software briefly!!! Assuming you have it to reinstall etc......!!

Then try it, you never know. If it is the ad aware software then try fiddling with the settings in it.

Let me know how you got on....