Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Duo new system built by pieces not working

• Please log in to reply

crazygerad

crazygerad

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok, I built my system all in pieces and got them.
Pieces:
Thermaltake Soprano Case
Intel Core Duo 2.40 GHZ Socket 775
P5B
CRZ (COZ or something with C*Z) DDR2 Ram Memory 1GHz * 2
300 GB SATA HD
PSU is THermaltake 550W
BFG Geforce PCI Express Card

Description: I installed everything in place and there was no power running. I changed the Ram Positions to A2 and B2 and they turned on but the CPU fan didn't turn on. So I changed it to the chasis fan conector and then it did turn on but after a couple of minutes burned one of the rams. Obvious I shutted it off and left it there.

So I bought another Motherboard the Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 and the same problem happens nothing turns on and this time I am only using the Ram that is good. I have checked all the cables to the front part of the case. everything to be connected correctly and still nothing. Any help will be greatly apreciated. Thank you for reading.

Advertisements

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
reset the BIOS.... everytime u get a new mobo ..install everything... hardware.. power up..power down reset BIOS.. (ur ram is OCZ btw)

if that doesnt work im thinking that ur motherboard is tripping over the RAM since it has such hi clock speeds..

do any fans turn on?

crazygerad

crazygerad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well first case scenario they turned on, second case scenario they dont. In the first Mobo it was supposed to accept it and I checked the specs and details specs for that. Second it only goes up to 800hz. I will post you on how it goes.