Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please, I need a good recovery tool for my HD

• Please log in to reply

dragues

dragues

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi, please, I'm looking for the best recovery tool for files for my hard drive. I used an application to make a partition, and it says that I won't lose anything, but I lost everything!!! Please, help me!!

Thanx.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi dragues...

I don't know of a free application that will definitely get your files back, but I've had very good luck with GetDataBack. You can download the application and run it without charge...if it finds your files, it will assemble them much as Windows Explorer does and tell you if they are recoverable. If you like what you see, you can unlock the program and recover the files for less than $80.00.

Note: You will have to download the version for your file system, either FAT or NTFS. This application must be run from a separate drive so if it is the main drive is affected, you will have to install it as a slave in a working machine. It takes a long time to run...a really long time, but it works very well when it works.

wannabe1