Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP address suddenly appeared and browser searching

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Was just checking my credit card account and had logged out. The credit card window was still up and I was about to close it (had not yet ckicked close so the credit card company's domain name was still in the address window) when an IP address appeared in the address window, the credit card window closed and a blank window replaced it and the browser appeared to be searching for the IP address. I wrote down the IP address which had a forward slash and "credit_card" after the numbers. Nothing seemed to be coming up ... it was searching, so I clicked stop. I then went to "Whois - IP Address - Domain Name Lookup" and the Domain Name for the IP address is Optus Communications. My ISP is Optus. Would greatly appreciate if someone could advise me if this is something I ought to be concerned about or am I just being paranoid?

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Your not parinoid if they are out to get you. :whistling: More than likely it's just a loop back from releasing the secured connection. I wouldn't worry but I would monitor for any activity out of the ordinary on the card or if the company offers it, Email notification of card usage.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Thank you Silverbeard. I appreciate your advice.